Monday, August 6, 2012

Makeup Monday: Purple Smoky Eyeshadow Tutorial


Hello everyone! Today I'll be showing you how to do a purple smoky eyeshadow! The first thing you need to know about me is that I loveeee the color purple! I just can't get enough of it! (: This makeup tutorial usually takes about 30-35 minutes to do, so take your time if you really have too! There's no rush when you're trying to create a smoky eye for the night! The items that I've used are:

Diorshow Maximizer (It's like a primer for your eyelashes), Bobbi Brown Mascara (Everything Mascara),
Bobbi Brown Gel liner (Black Ink),
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil (Zero),
Urban Decay Stardust (Retrograde & Bobby Dazzle),
Urban Decay Naked Palette,
Urban Decay Eye Primer,
Laura Mercier Brow Definer (Warm),
& brushes to create this look.

NOTE: You don't have to use the same products as me. Any colors and shades is recommendable and which ever brushes you prefer when you're shading and blending your eyeshadows too!

I first started off with my brow. I like to finish my brow before starting onto my eye makeup. To shade in my brows, I used an angle brush along with Laura Mercier Brow Definer (Warm) pot. After I finished shading and shaping my eyebrows, I took a brow brush and started to lightly shaped my brows with small light strokes. After my brows are done, I put on Urban Decay Eye Primer on my lids.A little goes a long way, so I let it sit for a bit. I then start the inside crease with Urban Decay Stardust (Bobby Dazzle). Bobby Dazzle is a whitish pale color with lots of glitter in them.On the outer corner, I used Urban Decay Naked Palette (Creed) and shade it toward my lids (Creed is a black sparkly color).

 I then used Urban Decay Stardust "Retrograde" on the lids and started to blend the colors with Creed. I later used Bobby Dazzle on the inside crease and blended it a bit with Retrograde. I ended the eyeshadow with the Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin) as a highlight on the brow bone. After the eyeshadow is done, I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (Black Ink) and created my cat eye look. (Keep in mind that you can create which ever cat eye or liner that you'd much prefer! For me, I'd prefer the cat eye.) I then used Diorshow Maximizer to prime my lashes. A Primer is something that'll plump up your lashes and makes it seem longer than it appears.

                To me, it's a life safer because I don't have a lot of lashes, but overlapping this with another black mascara creates wonder! I layer the Maximizer Primer with Bobbi Brown Mascara (Everything Mascara). I then used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil (Zero) on my waterline and TA-DA! You just created your own purple smoky eye for the night! (: Hope you guys enjoyed the tutorials! I know it's quite a bit of reading, but I'm sure you'll get it! Makeup is suppose to be fun! You can always fix your mistakes, so don't frown if you don't get the skills right away! (: Post a comment if you've got a chance to do this tutorial or if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for reading! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment