Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Smoky eyes w/a hint of Blue


It's been a breezy/hot day in LA, California! How's everyone doing today?? Today I'll be blogging about how to do a smoky eye with a hint of blue. Sometimes we need to change it up a bit and put a hint of light colors into our smoky eyes! This look is really great for going out at night or whenever you feel like dressing up for the day. To start, here's the beauty products that I've used for this look.

Urban Decay Eye Primer,
Urban Decay Stardust (Bobby Dazzle),
Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Eyeliner (Zero),
Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin & Gunmetal),
Laura Mercier Brow Definer (Warm),
MAC Eyeliner (Out to Sea),
MAC eyeshadow (Belle Azure),
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (Black Ink),
Bobbi Brown Mascara (Everything Mascara), &
Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

To start off, I used Urban Decay Eye Primer and let it set for a bit. I then took the MAC eyeliner (Out of Sea) and drew it on the outer corner of my eyes and on my waterline. This gave me a base color so that when I use the MAC eyeshadow (Belle Azure), the color would pop out more. Belle Azure is then used on top of the MAC eyeliner (Out of Sea).
         
              After that, I shaded the outer color and lid with Urban Decay Naked Palette (Gunmetal). Although this is grayish, the color blends in really well with the blue. However, if you want to use a black eyeshadow to create this smoky eye, it's fine too. After shading and blending the colors together with Belle Azure, I started to blend in Urban Decay Stardust (Bobby Dazzle). The more you blend, the less harsh lines you'll see. There's no right or wrong answer, blend till you see that you're satisfied with the look. I ended the smoky eyes with an Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin) on the high brow bone.

              After doing all the shading and blending, I drew in my eyeliner with Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (Black Ink). I really like this gel liner and I've been using it for about 2 years now but it goes on really smoothly and the liner stays on all day long! But whichever you prefer to do your liner is good too! (: I then used Diorshow Maximizer to prime my lashes and Bobbi Brown Mascara (Everything Mascara) on my top and bottom lashes. I ended it with Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Eyeliner (Zero) on my waterline. If you have any questions on this tutorial, please do leave me a comment! If you've done something different or what me to do a different makeup tutorial, do leave me a comment on the bottom! Hopefully you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment